Please note that this product was sent to me complimentary. However, the opinions expressed in my blog are 100% my own!
I recently received some bottles of Gringo Bandito Hot Sauce. Little I knew that this company has been created by Dexter Holland, the lead singer of The Offspring, a multi-platinum American Punk Rock band. I still remember some of their songs that were really popular when I lived in France. Apparently, Interestingly, the adventure started as gifts to friends:
"I just thought it would be cool to have a hot sauce," says Holland. "I gave away the first batch as Christmas presents to my friends".
But, as people loved it, he decided to commercialize it and it is now available in many countries (Australia, Canada, UK, ...) and in the US, you can find it at Whole Foods or Amazon. Note that it is him represented on the bottles!
They sent me three sauces:
- Green: made mainly with habanero and serrano peppers, this is the least hot of the three I have tried, but it still had a nice kick.
- Red: made with habanero, jalapeño and red Japanese chili peppers. I found it less hot than the green one, however, it left a little tingling sensation on my tongue.
- Orange or super hot, made with Scorpio chili pepper and Jolakia chili pepper. This is definitely the hottest, with the heat hitting you very quickly and lasting few minutes.
These all natural sauces have less salt than others and contains no preservatives. Perfect with tortilla chips, I love to use them with tacos or any Mexican / Tex-Mex or latin meal. But not just that, fried chicken for instance is perfect with it. I also tried to use the green one for a cocktail, trying to match the heat with a rolling effect. So, I tried to make a cucumber cooler (recipe below).
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of cold water
- 1 dose of vodka
- 3 dashes of green Gringo Bandito hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
In a mixer, put half of the cucumber and puree it until obtaining 1/4 cup.
In a shaker, add the cucumber puree, the sugar, the lemon juice, the water, the vodka and the hot sauce. Shake well and strain the cocktail in a glass. Add a slice of cucumber for presentation and enjoy!
Enjoy (I did)!
If you like this post, the photos or the blog, please feel free to share it or post a comment. Merci!